Buying a moderator

davo

Waiting on my first application Fac coming through,

I have asked for two slots for sound moderators do I need to wait for the certificate to be issued before I can buy the moderators?

I want to order a couple of custom made mods which obviously take time and would like to place the order asap.

Any wisdom from the experienced most appreciated..... :good:

Thanks, Mark.

you should in theory have no problems on the H+S grounds that silncers are granted these days, however better safe than sorry, got to be worth waiting the few weeks to save wasting a few hundred squid.

On the other hand if it was a mod for your airgun :good: then you could hold it for your airgun untill your cert came through.

Out of interest are these DM80 mods?

you should in theory have no problems on the H+S grounds that silncers are granted these days, however better safe than sorry, got to be worth waiting the few weeks to save wasting a few hundred squid.

On the other hand if it was a mod for your airgun :good: then you could hold it for your airgun untill your cert came through.

Yes, indeedy!! I believe they take a while to be made due to workload etc so wanted to get an order in soon as....

Yes, indeedy!! I believe they take a while to be made due to workload etc so wanted to get an order in soon as....

nice, well find out if they are proofed and need to be entered onto a cert. or if they can sell them to you as an airgun mod. If they can do the latter then you can simply hold it untill sucha time as you have the nessicary slots to legally have the mods on your rifles.

nice, well find out if they are proofed and need to be entered onto a cert. or if they can sell them to you as an airgun mod. If they can do the latter then you can simply hold it untill sucha time as you have the nessicary slots to legally have the mods on your rifles.

when your FAC comes through get your local RFD to put em on your cert. - written down as " Sound Mod - no serial number - unkown maker"

and all will be fine. you can aslo swap and change em round or even buy a new 1

they also do not become 'firearms' untill you shoot through them with a FAC rifle.

If its not granted surely whoevers selling it can just sell it to someone else not much of a risk if you ask me those mods are very popular. Plus i've never heard of a mod not being granted!

Knew I or they could sell them on if I dont get the FAC just wasn't sure if I could buy them without actually having a FAC at the present time....

Sorted now with the previous info recieved, thanks.