BSA Ultra

Bradders

Folks, I have been to to the gunshop today looking at air rifles, I really fancy the BSA Ultra but I have a few questions that I hope you guys (and gals) can answer. I intend to get the .22 single shot version. I will be using this for vermin/pest control. Now for my questions.

How many shots can I expect from a fully charged rifle.

I was offered either the choice of a stirrup pump or divers bottle, what should I go for.

If I get the pump how many times will I need to "pump" to fill the rifle to capacity.

How much does it cost to fill a bottle and how many charges will I get from, lets say a 9 litre bottle.

Does anyone have a good reason why I should NOT go for this rifle, I appreciate that it may not be everyones 1st choice and some replies may well be "go for something else (what ever that may be)" but I like the feel etc. So folks, am I planning on buying a real lemon or is the Ultra up there with teh best of them (without spending vast sums of money).

By the way I went in with the intention of getting a Lightning XL Tactical until I held the Ultra.

Thanks in advance.....Carl.

Only bit I can help with is to advise you to get the divers bottle rather than the pump, and get a 300bar rig rather than 232. Few more quid but worth it in the end.

If you are not far from and have transport to your divers shop / filling shop (I pass mine twice a day), you might find 9l a bit unwieldy. I had a 3l 300bar bottle and that did me fine with 2 people filling off it.

How many shots can I expect from a fully charged rifle.

I was offered either the choice of a stirrup pump or divers bottle, what should I go for.

If I get the pump how many times will I need to "pump" to fill the rifle to capacity.

How much does it cost to fill a bottle and how many charges will I get from, lets say a 9 litre bottle.

Hi, I've got a BSA Ultra .22 single shot and its pretty good, i get a good 40 shots per charge before the zero starts to alter, Ive got a Hills stirrup pump and it takes about 2-3 minutes to refill (approx 40 - 50 pumps)

A divers bottle would probably be quicker and easier but i find the pump perfectly adequate for my needs

just make sure you get the best scope you can afford :thumbs:

I have one of these great little guns. Only thing is i find it rather noisey.

Does anyone know if fitting a longer silencer would make much difference??

Cant say i've ever really noticed the noise on mine :lol:

I do know its definately a lot quieter than a springer though :lol:

• 1 month later...
see the matter with the ultra being to loud ive got a custom made scilencer that i picked up from a game fair ive got a hornet but its the same thread i would recomend it because with the scilencer youl be checking to see if you shot it or not lol

ive had a ultra multi shot for a month now i have had it blueprinted ,and a bigger bottle fitted i get 50 to60 shots per fill spot on weapon