On lead

Crumpler1991

I'm at a similar stage with my lab, she is 22 weeks on Saturday. She is generally good on the lead and sits, recall is coming on. However she is very easily distracted (by literally anything) and keeping her focused even for a few minutes is a struggle. She is also entering a rebellious phase, testing the boundaries (and my patience). My advice is keep at it, there are plenty of how to guides on the Internet that helped me. Keep a short leash with a bit of slack, get her to understand what you want from her by teaching her you want her where you want her I.e. walking at heel, so she has an idea of how to please you and get a reward. lots of praise and positive rewards (treats if you are training that way) and practice in a quiet area. If she pulls in one direction, stop, make the dog sit and then continue on your way. If she persists, walk in the opposite direction. Slowly build to longer walks, with more distractions and the dog will get it in no time. You are not alone, it's my first go at training too, it's a lot of trial and error. Good luck