New Project

Browning

.223 fast twist rate (but be aware - high barrel burn out rates!) :good:

Never heard of that, and I know (not read about) people with AR15's who shoot the ***'s out them most weekends at the range, and they remain ridiculously accurate :good:

I would echo the thoughts of the others, get a .223 in say, 1:8 it will allow to shoot anyting from 50-69grns accurately and at decent ranges.

I bought my CZ as a project gun, it cost me about £200 after I had sold the scope off it.

It has had the barrel chopped and threaded, a new stock, and I wouldn't mind a trigger for it some stage - but maybe not..

It shoots very well but I would say if you want to play at the range or fire plenty through it, get a heavy barrel as anything thin heats up way to quickly.

yeah the F class lads who use very hot loads like the 6.5-284 change barrels at 700 to 1000 rounds.

They can just cut an inch off the action end of the barrel and get maybe 500 more (this is why I think the twist rate is secondary to the speed of the round)

They would cut the chamber in half :good: