Optics warehouse problem - dodgy stock numbers?

Lloyd90

I was recently checking out opticswarehouse for some scope mounts I neede as I was hoping to pickup a saving in the Black Friday sale. 

Unfortunately their message saying the item wasn’t available came up and the only place I could find them was on good old eBay. 

Well, I was somewhat surprised to find that the supplier from eBay was infact “OpticswarehouseLTD”, and despite them having none of these mounts available on their site, a set arrived at my home this morning. 

Ufortunately (or fortunately?) they are fractionally too low and the bolt handle rubs the scope tube ever so slightly so I will need to swap them over. 

I have also just today received an email from optics warehouse saying they’re doing 10% off tomorrow - lucky me I think - I can return these ones and get the high ones with a 10% discount ... PROBLEM! They don’t have any of the high ones on their website. EXCEPT their eBay site seems to state they have 4 sets available!!! 

Now, are they having a laugh? Taking advantage? Or just useless at updating their website? 

I would guess that it is how their computer system operates to sell on both their website and Ebay. It probably allocates stock to the ebay sales from their common warehouse and if stock is low it will show as nil stock on the their website. Which is why on the their website it sometimes says "Out of stock on our website, but please call 01803 611895 to check offline availability."  A manual adjustment of the held Ebay stock back to shop stock  will then I would think release it for sale.

Give them a call.

9 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

I would guess that it is how their computer system operates to sell on both their website and Ebay. It probably allocates stock to the ebay sales from their common warehouse and if stock is low it will show as nil stock on the their website. Which is why on the their website it sometimes says "Out of stock on our website, but please call 01803 611895 to check offline availability."  A manual adjustment of the held Ebay stock back to shop stock  will then I would think release it for sale.

Give them a call.

Thanks mate 

I think it is just how a lot of big companies work these days. I have had exactly the same issues with a different company (not shooting related)

Ordered online on their website, then get a message to say out of stock. Ok, just find some on ebay instead (cheaper!) and when they arrive they are from the same company that I tried first.

What I don't understand is why they favour ebay when they must have to pay the 10% fees and no cheaper (or dearer in my case) on their own website.