History ?

Cranfield

If you go to the Topic List and go "back to the beginning", it  starts from December 2001.

The earliest posts on the topics are dated 21st Dec 2001.

So, if the Forum started Dec 2001, how is it that some of the posters have 100+ posts credited to them on their Dec 21st postings ?

Hi Cranfield

The Posts are associated with a members current status not the member history.  So the number of posts is not static to the day you made the post but relates to the total posts the member has made to date.  Hope this explains it for you.

Kev :(

Cheers Kev, I didn,t understand a word of that. :(

I may not have phrased my questions very well.

Try this;

When did this Forum start ?

The "number of posts" under your name is the number of posts you have made to this site. Correct ?

Did this site evolve from another site ?

Cheers. :(

No need to answer that one as I have just answered it myself.

:(

My last post was 63 that changed to 64 and all my previous posts became 64.

This is the first Forum I have seen that does that.

Normally you just accumulate your posts 1 then 2 etc.

I was interested in the age of the site because I wanted to make sure I had read all of the archive postings, so that I avoided topic duplications as much as possible.

When I saw that it only went back to December and yet posters then had 100+ posts to their names, I assumed that there were other postings I had not seen and could not access.

I hope this makes sense. :what:

Now can you all see why I have so many problems with my good mate Kev! I can't understand a bloody thing he says!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Only joking mate, your only a minor pain in the a*se really!  :laugh:  :laugh:

I can't believe you posted that! You sounded so inter...interll.........interlek......................so clever!  :(

Are you sure your missus didn't post that one?   :laugh:  :laugh:

High chaps and Lazza, I’ve been fairly quite as of late but now it time for some PAYBACK!

I dyslexic might but say they most people influential of are time well were as (but I know who don’t were they).

Decipher that if you can!  

I’ve always had to talk to you on a low level instead of a professional one so I didn’t insult your intelligence (that’s how its spelt). But lets face it If it wasn’t for my PC prowess and skill you would still be on the Amiga 1200 (LOL) and all these good people on the forum would of missed out on meeting you (sorry guys).

I hope you still have you sense of humour or that your aim with your fist is the same as a shotgun.

Having Fun

VEK

:laugh:  :laugh:  :(