Magazine holders for Open Shotgun

nagantino

6 minutes ago, nagantino said:

Just wondering what everyone uses for holding box magazines in Open Class in Practical Shotgun. 

The guys using F12s at our club are using clips they got from the US, attached to a 50mm rigid belt.... would you like me to ask what make the clips are? 

Personally a dinosaur using a Chameleon load two belt....?

Dinosaurs rule!

still using Ithaca 37 in manual class and 1187 in standard class, with chameleon load 2. For my box fed pump I use G6 rigid pouches with the weather flap cut off. Cheap as chips with good retention and easy release. All the fast guys use clips made , I believe, in kydex,  glued to mag and clipped to belts pockets etc.

Apparently it’s this chap that has made them for the guys. Not from the US at all, but sunny Dorset! ?

https://m.facebook.com/718773551471055

how do you get on with the 1301? I keep looking at them and wondering. My M3 is a monster but is by no means an easy to use gun. I5 also has to eat a min of 32g loads to cycle faultlessly in SA. 

Edited by The Burpster

That's a great connection. I haven't got the Typhoon yet, but it will be mine in a week or so, so I have some time to check out magazine systems. I don't want to buy twice either. Dorset Woodland Blades seems to be on the case with a quality item, I will be in touch with him.

The Beretta 1301 is a class act. It looks great and performs. The Benelli M2 has a much simpler trigger group and loads of international guys use them but they also use the beretta. You must use 32 gr. cartridges to break it in. After that find a good hard hitting 28 gr cartridge and stick to it. I use GB 7( it's not Gamebore) and they work. My trouble is I reload too slowly, arthritis, and lots of guys here have skipped the conventional tube fed guns and gone straight to boxfed, so it's a more level Division. I need that belt system to go with it.

1 hour ago, nagantino said:

That's a great connection. I haven't got the Typhoon yet, but it will be mine in a week or so, so I have some time to check out magazine systems. I don't want to buy twice either. Dorset Woodland Blades seems to be on the case with a quality item, I will be in touch with him.

The Beretta 1301 is a class act. It looks great and performs. The Benelli M2 has a much simpler trigger group and loads of international guys use them but they also use the beretta. You must use 32 gr. cartridges to break it in. After that find a good hard hitting 28 gr cartridge and stick to it. I use GB 7( it's not Gamebore) and they work. My trouble is I reload too slowly, arthritis, and lots of guys here have skipped the conventional tube fed guns and gone straight to boxfed, so it's a more level Division. I need that belt system to go with it.

No worries and glad to help. Had a quick play a couple of times with the guys F12s and they do work, certainly infinitely better than the Akdal 1919 which was a bag of  Cra@@. Fortunately I was months ahead (if a year or so) in front of the  other guys getting a load two so am quite deft with it now. I like the look of the 1301 because it’s a shotgun not an AR15 clone, I just prefer shotguns to handle like shotguns. I have the Benelli Pistol stock for my M3 but just couldn’t get on with it ?

I get the whole ‘2 guns with the same layout is quicker’ thing but the couple of times the guys have had a miss feed it is a round losing event whereas just a quick flick of the charging handle and the M3 is back on line. ? 

i guess if money were no object I would have both but at the moment hand feeding the beast wins! ?

The Typhoon F12 is a refined HDM and it does work. Simply, IMHO they looked at what they had, what worked and what didn't and fixed it. Certainly the magazine engages properly with the gun which, again in my opinion is fundamental with these type of guns, together with bolt movement and cartridge pickup. Hope you have a lot of fun with it!