Urika! The first trip...

Wookie

Well, the first trip out with the new gun happened today. Alas, I can no longer blame the gun for my shortcomings. I shot a 28/80 on sporting and my only excuse was that it's new and I had not yet got used to it. Whereas I would normally be shooting in the 60's this new "semi-auto" had me confused!

However... Balance was superb, the trigger was amazing and it was reliable as hell, even though I put through No. 9 skeet fibre wads, 24g Hushpower and No. 8 28g loads. To say I am chuffed is an understatement and I love my new gun. I just need to get some practice in before the Lincs, BASC meet in September. I don't want to let the team down there! (SimonP take note!)

Next step: Hit more than 50% of the targets and then get onto pigeons!

Wookie

p.s. pictures to follow!

Photos are up...

1085716538_be2d9f27f4.jpg

1085714298_d0d6b4cf8a.jpg

[/quote

hope this helps, wookie.

re picture 2. gun too low on shoulder you put the gun on your shoulder and dropped your head to look down the rib. I guess.

bring the gun up to your cheekbone lightly with a nice verticle stance. always bring the gun up to your cheek and not your cheek down to the gun.

also your photo looks as if you are tense, relax, relaxed muscles shoot better.

blow em away man.

try putting your feet closer together and point your left foot where you intend hitting the clay. and relax.

Cheers for the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I'll give it a go with the feet etc the next time I'm out and see what happens. All I can say is that I was not used to the action of bringing it up to my shoulder like my other gun and, now you mention it, all the other photos that were taken of me shoting look well low too.

Time to practice the mount in front of the mirror I think.

I'll have you know that those socks are a fashion statement of the highest order!

Anyway, went back to the ground on Sunday to try and prove to myself that I am not as bad as I seemed to be. Decided not to shoot unmounted (for the first time in ages) and to only shoot the stands I had been really **** at on the Saturday. I managed to improve my scores on all of the stands, even though I missed out straighting the Battue stand by one shot... I felt the need to apologise to the waiting trio of shooters after that!

Anyway, good advice all round (apart from the socks comment), but now I am faced with another dilemma... Watch out for a related post...