xtrema 2

ferrodo

Hi all, I picked up my new Xtrema 2 the other day and like everybody does, I read the intruction manual first...right. Now as a matter of interest the manual actually tells me the pull the trigger to drop the hammer in two or three different occasions, stripping and storing etc. I wouldn't dream of pulling the triggers on my other guns on empty chambers for the obviuos reasons so why is the Xtrema different? any ideas here? I can't bring myself to do the deed but insert a snap cap first and then pull the trigger as normal. I am interested to find out whats acceptable and whats not.

regards

F

Pulling the trigger on an empty chamber in modern guns is not a real problem ( they are better built these days and can take a little bit of stick), as long as you dont do it on a regular basis it will be fine - ask any gun smith and he should tell you the same.

It is absolutely no problem with an auto dropping the hammer. I always drop the hammer when I finish with my auto's. I checked this out with the gunsmith and he has said do it all the time.

Regards starlight32

Thanks Starlight but can you tell me why?.....just for my own information.

R

In its life an army rifle is probably dry fired more than it fires live ammo they dont use snap caps and have no significant problem with firing pins snaping as a result of this.

I am sure they would have done a feasability studdy in to it if it was a problem. I personaly dont give it a second thought and never had problems with firing pins malfunctioning or snaping.

Dave

Hi all, I picked up my new Xtrema 2 the other day and like everybody does, I read the intruction manual first...right. Now as a matter of interest the manual actually tells me the pull the trigger to drop the hammer in two or three different occasions, stripping and storing etc. I wouldn't dream of pulling the triggers on my other guns on empty chambers for the obviuos reasons so why is the Xtrema different? any ideas here? I can't bring myself to do the deed but insert a snap cap first and then pull the trigger as normal. I am interested to find out whats acceptable and whats not.

regards

F

quite simple ferrodo.

close the breech, then pull the cocking lever back about 1 inch,

pull the trigger and replace the cocking lever.

regards

F

quite simple ferrodo.

close the breech, then pull the cocking lever back about 1 inch,

pull the trigger and replace the cocking lever.

Yes Peter-Peter I can see the logic behind that.....using the bolt to restrict the hammer fall making things a bit kinder on the firing pin. Thanks.

F