Eley cartridges in 301

ferretmanabu

Hi. I've noticed with my 301 that when I used Claybuster cartridges on clays and Clear pigeon 32s on pigeon that there were no cycling probs whatsoever. However, when I used Eley Hi flyers and Eley first through them, it really doesn't cycle well at all. Has anyone else noticed a problem with eley cartridges in their semi?

Hi. I've noticed with my 301 that when I used Claybuster cartridges on clays and Clear pigeon 32s on pigeon that there were no cycling probs whatsoever. However, when I used Eley Hi flyers and Eley first through them, it really doesn't cycle well at all. Has anyone else noticed a problem with eley cartridges in their semi?

i've got a 302, when i first got it, it wouldn't cycle very well. The problem was in the piston housing. If you take it apart, take the barrel off. take the piston out and look down to the bottom of it you will see 2 little holes that go into the barrel. if one of these is blocked it makes a big difference. Just run a little pipe clean through them a few times.

Let meknw how you get on.

Jonny

i've got a 302, when i first got it, it wouldn't cycle very well. The problem was in the piston housing. If you take it apart, take the barrel off. take the piston out and look down to the bottom of it you will see 2 little holes that go into the barrel. if one of these is blocked it makes a big difference. Just run a little pipe clean through them a few times.

Let meknw how you get on.

Jonny

How did you actually clean the holes? They seem quite tricky to get to.

My guns (Winchester Model 50 & 59) will cycle anything! They have no gas ports, no fancy pressure regulating ***** or friction rings to get blocked or left on the wrong setting.

Just a floating chamber that will even cycle the weakest subsonic shell!

God Bless Marsh Williams!

I suppose a cotton bud or pipe-cleaner would help to keep the ports clean. Good, clean-burning shells such as Lyalvale will reduce the clag!

Stripped the semi yesterday, dunked the piston in som 009 for a few hours, put a small allen key through the two little holes and gave the piston housing a real good scrub down with 009 too. I think it was all the gunk in the piston housing. The piston wouldn't move so smoothly in the housing but it was ok after I cleaned it.

Took it to the clay ground today and put two boxes of eley first through it and it didn't jam once.