Covid 19 autopsies reveal thrombosis...

Dave-G

hi gent's, thanks for the info, I kind of understood most of it. I was advised against rivaoxiban by my inr nurse as she said if I cut myself badly they wouldn't be able to dose me with a coagulant so I remain on warfarin still. the auto immune response is interesting too, Kawasaki's disease was mentioned, a form of vasculitis brought on by the immune system going a little haywire? does that sound right?

I had similar symptoms quite a few years ago, was diagnosed with wegners granularmatosis? (forgive the spelling, spell checker doesn't like medical terms) only after a lot of the wrong treatment and a fastly deteriorating heart and kidney function did they realise it was actually a bacterial infection that took hold in my aorta. a quick trip to papworth saved me in the nick of time.

this made me think though, back in late January/early feb I had a stinker of a cough with a fever, I also noticed blood in my pee, saw my GP and had blood tests which confirmed it. my last blood and urine tests show nearly normal levels, but still got protein in the piddle though. my GP doesn't seem very concerned, but the surgery in general aren't the best at dealing with things like this.