lightning / XL lightning power

darren m

Darren, the trigger is ok but nowhere near as good as a Weihrauch.

It takes a bit of getting used to but once mastered a good group is possible.

I find the Lightning well balanced with all the weight between the hands and unlike my Weihrauchs they can be carried all day and allow you to get into position a lot easier when hunting unlike the longer and very heavy German guns.

The lightning hits just as hard and down range only the hiss of the pellet is audible and really arrives on target with a good whack.

I'll try and get some 40 yard group pics up soon. I think they are good value hard workers that are built really well.

This is my second one, cheers Shaun, I had one a couple of years ago and traded it for something flashier, but nothing has come close in all the guns I've bought and traded for the above reasons. Ready to go when needed, a good tool for the job that has a place along side my shotties and rifles.

Cheers John

just got my XL tactical .177

seems pretty good, not that im an expert,

im finding it difficult to zero, sometimes it seems like its hitting bang on centre of the cross hair and sometimes it doesnt.

this might be down to what im shootin at tho, paper with bricks behind

does any1 have a scope which is just 4 x 32, because this is what i have, no zoom at all, but it seems ok for me, althought longer distance shooting wont be as good.

im finding it difficult to zero, sometimes it seems like its hitting bang on centre of the cross hair and sometimes it doesnt.

does any1 have a scope which is just 4 x 32, because this is what i have, no zoom at all, but it seems ok for me, althought longer distance shooting wont be as good.

Could also be your choice of pellets, and how you are seating them in the barrel.

Are you shooting prone?

A group the size of a 10p is acceptable with a springer mate, so how far off are we talking?

when i actually made a decent target and shot exactly at the middle of the cross i drew on it, i grouped about 8 shots within around a 1.5 - 2 inch cirlce from about 20 yards, but the shots wernt going where i was aiming, so i was using this to zero the sight, i havnt gotten round to shooting it after adujsting it.

im using the pellets that came with it, no idea which ones they are, but it seems to be a consistent shooter, when i first shot at the target i made, i put the first 2 through one hole.

I have a BSA lightening XL in .177 and I can get pretty tight groups. Pretty much single hole at 20 yards, 1/2 inch at 30 yards. I have a 6x32 scope and find it great for air rifle hunting ranges. Mine is fitted with a gas ram and only really likes H&N field and trophy + bisley magnums for some reason. Thes guns are great when mastered but gripping too tightly or changing grip just slightly will send pellets all over the place. Practise, practise, practise, relax... then they are great!!

Darren, the trigger is ok but nowhere near as good as a Weihrauch.

It takes a bit of getting used to but once mastered a good group is possible.

I find the Lightning well balanced with all the weight between the hands and unlike my Weihrauchs they can be carried all day and allow you to get into position a lot easier when hunting unlike the longer and very heavy German guns.

The lightning hits just as hard and down range only the hiss of the pellet is audible and really arrives on target with a good whack.

I'll try and get some 40 yard group pics up soon. I think they are good value hard workers that are built really well.

This is my second one, cheers Shaun, I had one a couple of years ago and traded it for something flashier, but nothing has come close in all the guns I've bought and traded for the above reasons. Ready to go when needed, a good tool for the job that has a place along side my shotties and rifles.

Cheers John

What he said. ???

I had one in .177 and it was a cracking little gun, looks lovely, nice and light and accurate enough for me up to 30-35yds. I did notice the recoil a bit more than with heavier guns and certainly more than my tuned 95k (that's .22 tho) though it wasn't something that'd put me off buying one.

I used H&N FTT which it seemed to like and put out 11.4ftlb straight from the box, which is fine for a legal limit gun.