swiss hospitallity

OLDSHOOTER

I have just wathched a vidio of the swiss rileman on the range . It remided me whilst on a camping and  walking holiday in Zermatt in the 60,s. I was a comeptition .22 shooter.

Arriving at the town noticed rifle ranges across the valley ,latter I was tormented by the sound of shots.   I approched a police man and hastily explaned I was a shooter and wanted to visit a range.He pointed to where the secretary worked and after meeting him invited me to attened the range. On arriving and introducing mayself telling him my passion for the sport [.22 competion shooting] kitted me out with leather jacket rifle and ammo.lead me to the shooting point .It was a 50mtr range with a target on a pulley system ;-after a shot you pressed a button and the target raced to your frontk saw were your shot went then sent it back ,not needing a scope. After a pleasant evening there I was greatful for the hospitality shown to a stanger and fellow shooter and thanked him very much,thus going bacck to camp having had MY FIX .

A very pleasing memoory of Swiss hospitallity.

1 hour ago, OLDSHOOTER said:

I have just wathched a vidio of the swiss rileman on the range . It remided me whilst on a camping and  walking holiday in Zermatt in the 60,s. I was a comeptition .22 shooter.

Arriving at the town noticed rifle ranges across the valley ,latter I was tormented by the sound of shots.   I approched a police man and hastily explaned I was a shooter and wanted to visit a range.He pointed to where the secretary worked and after meeting him invited me to attened the range. On arriving and introducing mayself telling him my passion for the sport [.22 competion shooting] kitted me out with leather jacket rifle and ammo.lead me to the shooting point .It was a 50mtr range with a target on a pulley system ;-after a shot you pressed a button and the target raced to your frontk saw were your shot went then sent it back ,not needing a scope. After a pleasant evening there I was greatful for the hospitality shown to a stanger and fellow shooter and thanked him very much,thus going bacck to camp having had MY FIX .

A very pleasing memoory of Swiss hospitallity.

👍