Mounts

paul65

I was having a problem with the 2 piece 'free' mounts I got with my 3-9x40 scope slipping on the rail of my BSA Supersport. I replaced them with a one piece Sportsmatch mount which was fine but because I mainly shoot over very short range for ratting I replaced my scope with a Nikko 2-7x32 AO scope that copes with the short range better. I was chuffed with the improvement in accuracy at first. However, the scope came with a one piece mount and that has started slipping. It's clearly not up to Sportsmatch quality but I can't use the one piece Sportsmatch mount on that scope because the scope is shorter and the Sportsmatch mount is longer than the Nikko one so I can't get the scope in the right position relative to my eye.

So, my question is, can I get a shorter decent quality one-piece mount or are they a standard size? Would a set of good quality 2 piece mounts do the job?

I'm already considering getting a BSA Scorpion because it can be made quieter than the Supersport and if I'm going to spend a small fortune on trying out mounts on the Supersport I'm even more tempted to take the PCP route.

Cheers

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

It is all part of the Supersport experience...

I have had exactly the same problems. I got the best mounts I could afford, tightened em down til the allen key was bending and after an afternoons shooting the scope was 1/4" back. After a while more it started rotating in the mounts :rolleyes:

Even after fitting rubber bits and all sorts and doing them so tight the scope tube was damaged, they still moved. The vibration is horrendous.

So, I am trying a different type of one piece soon, expensive seem to be no better.

In the end I cannot find any mounts that will not move over time.

I bought a walnut stock Lightning XL before the mail order ban and I've stuck the Nikko scope and mount on it. It's got a scope arrestor block so no more slipping scope problems.

The Sportsmatch single piece mount did the trick on the Supersport with the AGS scope but was too long to position the Nikko scope correctly for me.

I bought a walnut stock Lightning XL before the mail order ban and I've stuck the Nikko scope and mount on it. It's got a scope arrestor block so no more slipping scope problems.

The Sportsmatch single piece mount did the trick on the Supersport with the AGS scope but was too long to position the Nikko scope correctly for me.

ill only use bisley mounts, :good: never had a problem with them slipping and they do a good range of sizes, even got an adjustable(tilts up & down) one peice unfortunately it wont fit my s200 with the 10 shot kit otherwise it would still be on there :good:

lee :good: