chillers

beardy

Check out e bay, always a few on there. Depending on what temperature you are looking for, you could build one yourself or insulate a room for your requirements, another cheap option is to purchase a second hand insulated van or truck body, loads about on farms etc then you just need to source equipment for the application, either remote equipment or a packaged mono block system, loads of options.

This looks like it could be a bargain and capable of fresh meat temperatures as well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=015

Beardy,

There's a guy from Fife on the Passion For Stalking site that wants to get rid of a Coke style chiller, turns out It's too big for his shed.

http://www.deer-stalking.com/

You might need to register to get in though.

Mark.

Thanks lads been on ebay never been lucky always to expensive. Will check out web site mark suggested

does any one out there know of an old cold store or walk in fridge for sale that does not involve selling my soul to be able to aford one.As i do a bit of stalking i need some thing that will hold half a dozen reds.

the cheapest way is to make your own ,all it needs is to be a well insulated room with air vents top and bottom then buy one or two heavy duty 3 speed floor fans, a minimum and maximum digital thermometer use the fans speeds to get your ideal temperature 7 degress or below. job done

the cheapest way is to make your own ,all it needs is to be a well insulated room with air vents top and bottom then buy one or two heavy duty 3 speed floor fans, a minimum and maximum digital thermometer use the fans speeds to get your ideal temperature 7 degress or below. job done
Excuse my ignorance but all an air fan will do is circulate existing air, air vents top and bottom will allow infiltration or as we call it air changes per hour, and bringing in ambient air from outside can vary enormously depending on what time of year it is, is the guy proposing to "refrigerate" the space for the storage of fresh meat (0oC) or just create an hanging room at ambient temperature?

I am interested to see how I can obtain 7oC or below without some sort of refrigeration, I could make millions if it could be achieved and accurately maintained and controlled.

does any one out there know of an old cold store or walk in fridge for sale that does not involve selling my soul to be able to aford one.As i do a bit of stalking i need some thing that will hold half a dozen reds.

Have you spoken to your local butcher! Although it may not be legel for them to store them for you.

Excuse my ignorance but all an air fan will do is circulate existing air, air vents top and bottom will allow infiltration or as we call it air changes per hour, and bringing in ambient air from outside can vary enormously depending on what time of year it is, is the guy proposing to "refrigerate" the space for the storage of fresh meat (0oC) or just create an hanging room at ambient temperature?

I am interested to see how I can obtain 7oC or below without some sort of refrigeration, I could make millions if it could be achieved and accurately maintained and controlled.

the speed of the fan not only circulates the air it cools it. so if your in your office and the temps in the 70's your desk fan will be blowing hot air at you to cool you down, think about it and try it

the speed of the fan not only circulates the air it cools it. so if your in your office and the temps in the 70's your desk fan will be blowing hot air at you to cool you down, think about it and try it

I took this from "How Stuff Works"!

"You are right -- fans actually add heat to a room. One way to think about it is like this: If you have a perfectly insulated room and you put an electric fan in it, then the room will get warmer. All the electricity that is driving the fan turns directly into heat.

So a fan does not cool the room at all. What a fan does is create a wind chill effect."

Which is useless unless your dead deer still actively sweats!

I took this from "How Stuff Works"!

"You are right -- fans actually add heat to a room. One way to think about it is like this: If you have a perfectly insulated room and you put an electric fan in it, then the room will get warmer. All the electricity that is driving the fan turns directly into heat.

So a fan does not cool the room at all. What a fan does is create a wind chill effect."

Which is useless unless your dead deer still actively sweats!

get a 24 inch floor fan stick it in a small shed with temp gauge then tell me the shed is warmer with the fan in then without. i got the idea from my knifemaking partner who has been stalking deer over 25 years he use's this method all year round as long as the fan is blowing on the meat ,i agree chill factor but in the middle of summer it will chill the meat and also keep flies off as they can't get near the meat, with you being in oz no one better placed to try it and report your findings

The cheapest way is to build something inside of an existing room or garage, a wooden frame with 75mm polystyrene or styrofoam, upvc cladding to the inside, ply wood to the outside, same for the ceiling, the floor can be left uninsulated or even build an insulated floor with alloy checkered plate on top, door can be made similar or standard door encesed in insulation.

Regarding the equipment, once the room has been constructed, an engineer will work out the heat load and select a refrigeration unit capable of reaching the desired temperature, what ever it is, a mono block unit is the chepest, easiest and quickest to install such as this one. http://www.zanotti.com/images/pdfita/5.pdf

The cheapest way is to build something inside of an existing room or garage, a wooden frame with 75mm polystyrene or styrofoam, upvc cladding to the inside, ply wood to the outside, same for the ceiling, the floor can be left uninsulated or even build an insulated floor with alloy checkered plate on top, door can be made similar or standard door encesed in insulation.

Regarding the equipment, once the room has been constructed, an engineer will work out the heat load and select a refrigeration unit capable of reaching the desired temperature, what ever it is, a mono block unit is the chepest, easiest and quickest to install such as this one. http://www.zanotti.com/images/pdfita/5.pdf

But Andy W! You don't need a refrigeration unit! Just a fan! :lol:

But Andy W! You don't need a refrigeration unit! Just a fan! :good:

thanks lads did not mean to start a debait. the reason i was looking to by a cheap old chiller was to try and make life easier after my heart attack. was also to help pal out as he has no way of keeping shot game till the weekends when he and i can go to the game dealers. Many thanks for you suggestions hpope shooting is good for you guys this weekend.

Obviously wont be able to fit more than one (2 at a push) but old drinks fridges like you find at the paper shop make cheap chiller. just take the shelves out and fit a rail on the top.

just a thought

thanks for the idea but have had one of them before lasted all of two days dont like hot venison in them .