crows crows

pete k

hello there folks , just thought i would share my day out yesterday,

left home at 8.30 and didnt set up till 12 on a maize field thats not going to ploughed in ;) , keeper said it was full of rooks in the morning so after setting up my hide and putting my crow decoys out and the bobber sat patiently for all of 2 minutes and then all hell broke lose for the next five hours ended up shooting

23 jack-daws and 25 rooks with eight pigeons which is a record for me and the keeper was over the moon which is always a bonus

pete.

Nice one Pet K sounds like you had a good bit of sport. I tried to shoot some rooks last week but they were shy of my net hide. Still had 19 and it was a good day out. There was a bloke who had shot there a a few day before me about 200 yards to the right of where i had set up. And he shot 175 black ones and 8 pigeons so the farmer said. As i drove out on the way home i saw a pile of dead rooks by the bail trailer and it looked like 175 to me to. Bet he had some fun.