Shotgun age

baikiel boy

Hi All,

I have the offer of a folding .410, marked ACCIAIO RODACCIAI ITALY . I seem to recall seeing one maybe 30yrs ago .Does anyone know this make of gun or how to date its year of manufacture .Hope i can find out more I may get it for my grandson as its nice and light ,would suit a 12yr old .Regards Baikiel Boy :lol::P

I think that most of these were made in the first half of the 20th Century. You will probably be able to tell better from the proof marks.

Yes, a .410 may probably suit a 12 year old, but remember that it takes far more skill to be able to shoot the same as with a 12 bore. Much depends on his physical build, but at that age, I was shooting a light 12 bore with light load cartridges.

Hi Hammergun,

Thanks for your answer. Looks like no one remembers this make.I'll have to see If I can have another look at proof marks. Gun appears to have had litte use . I'll have to make my mind up later , meanwhile still keeping my eye open forsomething that really takes my fancy . Baikiel boy :lol:

hello baikal boy i have a 20 bore folder non ejector of the same make. very nice gun i got for 10 pound of a shootind friend of mine for my boy but its still too big for him. i looked all over for any info on this make all to no avail. then sombody tod me that it was a berreta 412 folding shotgun made under licience?:lol: dont know if this is true but if you look up the 412 single barrel shotgun on the internet you will see from the pic that it looks like the same gun in all respects. im still not convinsted but it would be nice if it were true. if the gun you are looking at is in good condition and you like it and the price is right buy it.regards bob :lol: