FAC airrifles?

lewis

Hi guys,

As you know by now ive got a bsa hornet .22 its putting out 12 ft at the mo. and im wanting to send it away and get the fac 35ft(once my fac gets cleared)

but im just wondering what kill ranges you can get out of this? does anyone have a fac air rifle, if so can you give me opinions of the pellets and any advice?

thanks in advance

LM

i have killed at 90 metres with my s400 xtra.im not saying i could do it at every shot taken.with my hw100 i have now i am happy at taking shots out to 65 metres if conditions allow.i zero at 30 as usual then use my mil dots for further ranges. get the 12 ft lb hornet up for sale cos if you dont use it for indoors shooting you ll sell it after going fac. air arms field and bis mags are good fac pellets

LM

I have had my Rapid MkII for two weeks and its at 40 ft/lbs, it will i am told drop bunnies at 75 yards as long as i point it in the right spot, due to the bad weather I have yet to field test it but i have 16 grain weight pellets and punch holes at 40 yards (my practice range) in a match box size area of middle target, so all looks well for lamping when the rain clears, I have a spare buddie bottle so if i get 60 plus shots from the 2 i guess its ok, not sure what you will get but the only real way is to test it, good luck

i have killed at 90 metres with my s400 xtra.im not saying i could do it at every shot taken.with my hw100 i have now i am happy at taking shots out to 65 metres if conditions allow.i zero at 30 as usual then use my mil dots for further ranges. get the 12 ft lb hornet up for sale cos if you dont use it for indoors shooting you ll sell it after going fac. air arms field and bis mags are good fac pellets

so is the hornet no good with fac? if so ill need to sell,and are prometheus piledrivers any good ?

LM

sorry mate i thought you were buying a fac hornet as well as 12ft lb. i think the shot capacity could be low on a hornet in fac and could be hard to cock due to the fac upgrade i think more hammer pressure. email bsa and ask.you also have a lot of choice when it comes to fac airguns out there and trust me plenty are as good if not better than theobens.they have the high shot count but they also have a higher fill pressure namely 232 so you will need a 300 bar bottle to get the best from it.i never used a fac hornet but id say it would be ok if you can work with the shot count.

sorry mate i thought you were buying a fac hornet as well as 12ft lb. i think the shot capacity could be low on a hornet in fac and could be hard to cock due to the fac upgrade i think more hammer pressure. email bsa and ask.you also have a lot of choice when it comes to fac airguns out there and trust me plenty are as good if not better than theobens.they have the high shot count but they also have a higher fill pressure namely 232 so you will need a 300 bar bottle to get the best from it.i never used a fac hornet but id say it would be ok if you can work with the shot count.

yeah it says that i can get 40 shots per fill with 35ft which i could work around. ive emailed bsa loads of times because i had problems with my barrel but their really poor on emailing back. another thing how much does it cost to get it chronoed and increased? i want to get a fac air rilfe because my dad doesnt want all the problems with the new cabinets, ammo and getting a new gun etc.. what model do you have of a falcon?

LM