Reloading info (if you have any)

High_gun

I have just got out our old single shot bolt action .410 shotgun and have taken a liking to it (makes a damn nice bunny gun!).

The trouble is that for a box of 25 cartridges it cost me £3.80.

I was considering reloading my own. I have never done it before and therefore have a few questions.

What exactly are rolling tools (used instead of a crimp; holds in card end) and are they possible to make?

Do they take standard gun powder (is it the same as what a 12g takes?) and shotgun primers?

Is it worth it???

Any extra info greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

High_gun.

Sure reloading is economical for probably everything except 28g 12 gauge.A rollturnover tool can easily be made, just replicate the form of a bought shell.

Ian Charlton can supply everything for homeloaders he trades as ClayGame reloaders Boston Lincs.Hodgdon Powders have useful data but beware of Yankee info they use high pressures so always use low powder weights and work up a load.Longshot powder is a goodone for .410.Most tools for low volume reloading can be homemade, but you can also buy secondhand fairly easily.Interestingly Geoff Dale (Gamebore) & Muntaz (Express) started off as homeloaders.Best of luck