Pea Vines

I'm Shooting over Peas tomorrow (winter sown). Am I wasting my time? Are they feeding on Peas at the moment? I haven't been to the field for about two months so I'm not sure how high the crop will be and whether it will even be worth the trip.

I had some excellent days over it in Feb and March.

Any thoughts or tips gratefully received.

Stay in bed with a cuppa tea mate, me and dad went over to a couple of pea fields on thursday and shot 4 woodies all day. I think they have better things on their mind at the moment!!!!!

If their is any set aside around they seem to be hitting that for some reason. had 29 today. checked the crops and they seem to be eating clover and scraps of young stray rape that has germinated in the set a side!!!!!

Lots of bunnies around at the moment bagged some for the BBQ (Pending Weather) tomorrow

Hi shining wit!

I have just read your question about pea vines this morning as I was busy shooting pigeons until late yesterday.I shot 100 pigeons on a pea field yesterday.There were about 70 on and around the field when I arrived there at lunch time so I thought I was going to have a reasonable afternoon.To my surprise they kept coming steady for several hours.It was a bit slow towards the end when I was trying to reach 100 but I managed to do that at 18.50 with my 156th shot.As far as I am concerned it is definitely worth it to try a pea field even if there are not too many pigeons when you arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Doc, its good to hear about your 100 plus birds.

If I have the same guy I would just like to thank you for the info the other day, I am just waiting for the car sticker to come through and im off shooting for the whole of next week.

I have a magnet coming tomorrow so I will be ready for some action soon, but I thought I'd just make contact with you again and hope you will give me a few pigeon hot spots over the next few weeks.

regards

justin