Theoben eliminator

C00KIE

Morning all,

I’ve got an eliminator and am having trouble filling it.

Long story short, this was a non/barely working gun when I got it, so I’ve overhauled it etc etc.

New valve fitted, filling adapter fits well and pumps air in.

Problem begins when you release pressure on the pump (stand on style pump not a slim Jim), with the pump attached the pressure is good and stays.
As soon as you release the valve on the pump in order to unscrew the filling adapter, all the air comes back out the ram.

Seems like the valve is not shutting to stop the air coming out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Cheers

Cookie

Is the eliminator a break barrel ? So you are trying to fill a gas ram, is that correct ? Or is it a spring gun ? It was only made in FAC I think.

I had a Countryman in .22 and a Fenman in .20. I remember the Fenman was a tight fit with pellets and only put out 10.5 ft lbs. When I enquired in a RFD shop I was told power output could only be altered via Theoben or a gunsmith, perhaps things have changed.

I think both of them have passed on now, and a son has taken over. I met the pair once in I think it was NEC in Birmingham in a shooting show. Think they were a pair of bikers.