Another dozen

flippermaj

Probably my last chance to get at the pigeons with the decoys this summer and the last day this week with any wind so I gave it a go.  This field has been shot 3 times already in the last 2 weeks (twice by me) so it was always going to be a challenge.  It was helped by the fact that the farmer started ploughing it in on Monday but has stopped short of doing the whole field  so there is a nice concentrated bit of rape stubble.

It was baking hot, wall to wall sunshine, so I set up in the shade of a tree in the hedge line, no need for any hide as they simply couldn't see me in the shade.  Some decoyed others didn't.   Put the whirly out for the first time this year as I thought it would need something extra to get their interest.  It was a a very slow start and I contemplated packing up and having a wander down to the seawall but the odd one kept coming so kept at it.  Took 3 hrs to get 12 in the bag, should have been more but the shooting was a bit ropey.  All destined for the in laws in Skye!

Left a wee bit for me.jpeg

shady spot.jpeg

2 hours ago, flippermaj said:

Probably my last chance to get at the pigeons with the decoys this summer and the last day this week with any wind so I gave it a go.  This field has been shot 3 times already in the last 2 weeks (twice by me) so it was always going to be a challenge.  It was helped by the fact that the farmer started ploughing it in on Monday but has stopped short of doing the whole field  so there is a nice concentrated bit of rape stubble.

It was baking hot, wall to wall sunshine, so I set up in the shade of a tree in the hedge line, no need for any hide as they simply couldn't see me in the shade.  Some decoyed others didn't.   Put the whirly out for the first time this year as I thought it would need something extra to get their interest.  It was a a very slow start and I contemplated packing up and having a wander down to the seawall but the odd one kept coming so kept at it.  Took 3 hrs to get 12 in the bag, should have been more but the shooting was a bit ropey.  All destined for the in laws in Skye!

shady spot.jpeg

2 hours ago, flippermaj said:

shady spot.jpeg

Well done in tricky conditions !!