Home made Cormorant decoy informstio

Ade

I know of a guy who dug a new lake to create a small carp fishery, a few years ago when the fad started. He stocked it with loads of small carp, up to maximum 2lbs/1kg. Cormorants visited and cleared out 90% of his stock !!!

Used to see them following the Thames westward, in the evenings going to roost somewhere. Used to fish at Walthamstow reservoirs, many years ago, and cormorants took up residency there and ate all the small fish, leaving only specimen size of the general coarse fish which were our targets. Not sure if they are still there, but assuming yes 😠😤

28 minutes ago, JKD said:

I know of a guy who dug a new lake to create a small carp fishery, a few years ago when the fad started. He stocked it with loads of small carp, up to maximum 2lbs/1kg. Cormorants visited and cleared out 90% of his stock !!!

Used to see them following the Thames westward, in the evenings going to roost somewhere. Used to fish at Walthamstow reservoirs, many years ago, and cormorants took up residency there and ate all the small fish, leaving only specimen size of the general coarse fish which were our targets. Not sure if they are still there, but assuming yes 😠😤

Oh, the black plague are still there and everywhere else up the valley.

The Coppermill is a shadow of its former self. The 1, 2,3 and lower maynard still have good numbers of very big bream plus the ubiquities carp that are in all of the ressies.

Not fished there for a couple of years and doubt I'll ever bother now, thanks to ULEZ.

18 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Oh, the black plague are still there and everywhere else up the valley.

The Coppermill is a shadow of its former self. The 1, 2,3 and lower maynard still have good numbers of very big bream plus the ubiquities carp that are in all of the ressies.

Not fished there for a couple of years and doubt I'll ever bother now, thanks to ULEZ.

Thanks for that, not that it's good news ☚ī¸

I shoot alongside the Kentish Stour, a very remote part, and see them regularly in there too. It's only 15/20ft wide, but up to 6ft deep and surrounded by trees and they still manage to land in there, but more importantly they manage to take off, which is a struggle for them but they do manage it 😲 As you say, they are known as the 'Black Plague' !!!