Question For Our RFDs

Or anyone else whose business necessitates contact with your county police firearms department.

If you were to assess the performance rating for this unit as somewhere between abysmal and not fit for purpose, would you expect this to have an adverse effect on your business?

There is a business I do a lot of repairs for and they just recently called in their FEO to complain about the fact that they were many, many thousands of pounds down in takings from last year and their accountant can categorically prove it was down to lost sales due to the abysmal turnaround of variations and renewals. This shop expanded a few years ago and they have a lot of big money customers.

The only adverse effect on my business from abysmal performance is the many guns I'm storing due to expired certificates during the renewal process which obviously has a knock on effect to servicing, repairs, cartridge sales, etc. because the gun owner isn't shooting. 

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. If we exclude the counties that have been shown on here to be doing a half decent job, it's quite conceivable that those businesses in the areas which do not perform will start making a fuss sooner rather than later.