Donald

12 hours ago, Minky said:

.  The history is interesting

My Utility was bog standard but the Regal was indeed interesting. It turned out to have been made for a one armed man. I would never have known as a couple of the functions had been removed - probably broke and it was cheaper to remove them as opposed to having them repaired. Originally, it had twin triggers (pull either and that barrel fired and the same one again for t'other. easy opening and a re-positioned safety closer to the shooter's hand.

If you go for it, Donald, please sing out with the result.

16 hours ago, Minky said:

The thing that I see about this is that If you go from Churchill( and pay a search fee) ok they might inform you that the gun was made by XYZ in 1960 for a customer ...Mr Bloggs of Somewhere but this is a dead end.  that person is probably now dead ..SO where do you go now.  It is far better to track the gun from this end.  you know where /who you bought it from so start there and go backwards.  You could still start the other end and at least you might get a start point.  The history is interesting but not essential .  Just go shoot it and enjoy it.

👍

2 hours ago, wymberley said:

My Utility was bog standard but the Regal was indeed interesting. It turned out to have been made for a one armed man. I would never have known as a couple of the functions had been removed - probably broke and it was cheaper to remove them as opposed to having them repaired. Originally, it had twin triggers (pull either and that barrel fired and the same one again for t'other. easy opening and a re-positioned safety closer to the shooter's hand.

If you go for it, Donald, please sing out with the result.

👍