springer

peter mcn

i just had a new spring fitted in my rifle n its only shooting 9.7 ft lb the bloke in the shop says it needs 2 break in is this true because b4 the same bloke in the shop said it will b 12 lb also he tried making excuses like its the manufacter also he said try different pellets so i bought some rws super domed he said he used acupels to chrone it sooo wat do u guys think will the spring need 2 break in or was he jus telling me aload of rubbish

It may need a settling in period and different pellets will give different results.Stick a few hundred pellets through it and get it checked again.

my experiance they go down in power when they brake in not up..yea like 1 of the lads said it should of come with washers which would of sorted the problem out :good::blush:

it's hard to imagine how a spring will make up the extra 2ft lb just by bedding in.

It may not sound like a lot of difference but it is substantial

What gun is it & what was it putting out before the spring was changed?

What spring do they say they put in it?

Personally I don't think you can whack a Titan XS spring but even then I'm inclined to refinish the spring ends to a "glass smooth" finish & get some moly grease on those spring ends

The Cometa should be producing up near 12 ft/lb.

An aftermarket spring would come in at under £20 (it doesn't have to be a Cometa spring as there are equally good & better alternatives)

Whilst I accept you would have to pay a fitting charge if you're not happy to do the replacement yourself, it sounds like something is mighty wrong.

I'd take it back & complain like hell!

had a similar prob with a cometa , the standard factory springs are **** , mine started at 12 and ended at 9 ftlb .

i bought a new spring from chambers cost £7.90 plus post .

i fitted it relube it , it now shoots as good as any good springer , its doing 12ftlb with h&n ftt pellets, spot on.

where did you buy it , as already said take it back to the shop if not happy