sooner than later.

berettaman1

Well, with the gloom and doom that now is with us regarding the price of cartridges and yet another increase in the next few weeks, looks like we will be shooting steel loads next, might be OK for Skeet, but all the other diciplines, DTL,ABT, OT ,And of course Sporting will have to have the targets slowed down, us guys with 3inch chambers will still get a full ounce in (3inch) but guys with 2/34" chambers are going to be handicapped even more.I suppose the guys who shoot a lot, The rich and or the sponsored ones will suddenly find better shooters will not be able to compete on a fair basis, so I wonder, have any of you lads shot steel? if so whats it like? I only shot one shell when they first came out and the recoil was terrible.thanks, :good:

Guest The Outlaw

I have only used steel over water when I've been out duck flighting.

When you shoot a dozen or so rounds its not to bad for the recoil, but shooting them for clays would be a nightmare.

What I dont understand is the cost of 28grm compared to 24grm.

If the price of lead has gone up that much why are 24's nearly as dear as 28's, the difference doesnt balance.

Plastics are cheaper obviously so I think you could see a lot of sunday shoots suffer from reduced visitors with their fibre only restrictions.

Because people will shoot the cheaper option for their hobbies.

As it has been said before the rich get richer and poor get poorer with the bigger plastic using grounds benefitting.

Either that or we all flood the shell makers with requests for sponsership.

Tony

Well, with the gloom and doom that now is with us regarding the price of cartridges and yet another increase in the next few weeks, looks like we will be shooting steel loads next, might be OK for Skeet, but all the other diciplines, DTL,ABT, OT ,And of course Sporting will have to have the targets slowed down, us guys with 3inch chambers will still get a full ounce in (3inch) but guys with 2/34" chambers are going to be handicapped even more.I suppose the guys who shoot a lot, The rich and or the sponsored ones will suddenly find better shooters will not be able to compete on a fair basis, so I wonder, have any of you lads shot steel? if so whats it like? I only shot one shell when they first came out and the recoil was terrible.thanks, :good:

Ron, I'm currently looking into buying cartridges in bulk, I have interest at the moment for 10,000 carts. If any one in the midlands area is interested, please post on this thread.

At present I'am looking for 28g No.8 fibre wad, please post your requirements (size & quantity).

Ron, I'm currently looking into buying cartridges in bulk, I have interest at the moment for 10,000 carts. If any one in the midlands area is interested, please post on this thread.

At present I'am looking for 28g No.8 fibre wad, please post your requirements (size & quantity).

just out of interest whats the best current price you have been given ? if its not from this week its not current !!! im asking as i know someone who is runnung a 28 day rule shoot who has just purchased a pallet 19k and they came in @ around £110 & vat delivery was free with some other products ...

No thanks Griff I only shoot plastic wad, I have only shot Fibre once ,this year , and I was not impressed. cheers anyway.