Cunningly placed rookery

Hi,

I think you will struggle to get permission on the barracks as the saftey in these places is megga important as regards to firearms.

If any of the soldiers or officers shoot and they are high ranking enough to give you permission then you stand a chance, but it would most deffinately be when all the troops are away for the weekend or on a long term leave.

being ex forces myself, alot of forces lads shoot also and some of them will be also very keen to get into these rooks, so unless you have heard them being shot before i have no doubt that they will have asked before you and being refused.

I would recommend you to contact someone in the forces who has an interest in shooting as there is some brilliant land to shoot over that is run by forces personel. you see you dont get many poachers on there land so there is always bags of vermin and game.

Just make a call to the barracka your talking about and ask for the RSM or ask to speak to an officer about forces shooting clubs and I'm sure someone will find something out for you.

Good luck and happy shooting

Justin

Mike

You will probably find that unless the rooks are causing a nuisance, they will be very reluctant to let you shoot. Mainly due to the health and safety regulations as they would have duty of care to public and employees, insurance and the good old public relations. the last thing a camp commanding officer wants is the anti's knocking on the door and the local press having a field day. You could always try the old bangers trick and get them stired up, if they are close enough. If you fancy along shot, Write to the camp commanding officer and offer to pledge £100 to a local charity for the pleasure of shooting!!! It might just work.

GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON :yp: :)