Hawke Frontier or MTC Genesis?

17 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I would go Hawke but take a look at their cheaper models, I have a 4 - 16 Compact on my 17 Hornet and it does the job just fine. 

I already have both of those mentioned and one of the two is currently fitted and the other at the moment is a spare.

5 hours ago, wymberley said:

I already have both of those mentioned and one of the two is currently fitted and the other at the moment is a spare.

I'm not sure why you need advice if you already own them both??  Use the one you like best, it's only a WMR so no great demands on the scope dialling etc.

Edited by Weihrauch17

11 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I'm not sure why you need advice if you already own them both??  Use the one you like best, it's only a WMR so no great demands on the scope dialling etc.

Cheers. I've now done it but a little different from what you said - I haven't fitted the one I didn't like which meant a swap as the wrong one was already fitted. With some 71 reticles on offer from Hawke I was hoping that someone might be able to offer a suggestion as to possibly why the TMX isn't currently one of them.

Don't understand, "only WMR" though which is a great little calibre which demands some decent glass. I think we must be different generations as back in the day we used to dial the telephone whereas shooting is up a tad, left a bit and is commonly known as 'precision guesswork'. :whistling:

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Cheers. I've now done it but a little different from what you said - I haven't fitted the one I didn't like which meant a swap as the wrong one was already fitted. With some 71 reticles on offer from Hawke I was hoping that someone might be able to offer a suggestion as to possibly why the TMX isn't currently one of them.

Don't understand, "only WMR" though which is a great little calibre which demands some decent glass. I think we must be different generations as back in the day we used to dial the telephone whereas shooting is up a tad, left a bit and is commonly known as 'precision guesswork'. :whistling:

What I meant was you are not shooting out hundreds of yards entailing a lot of dialling in corrections for elevation and windage.

5 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

What I meant was you are not shooting out hundreds of yards entailing a lot of dialling in corrections for elevation and windage.

:yes: Understood, light-hearted reply hence emoji.

Because of medical problems I've hardly used the Frontier since I got it but had it on the WMR. Got stuck in and did a zero check on Saturday. Somewhat breezy so 1" high at 80 yards is fine. OK, here comes the excuses - Oppo turns up and is a bit of a distraction and I'm 80 so really need to concentrate and I've now got a couple of flies on the white target backing - but they haven't moved. Couple more shots and job done even though I must have dropped 2 shots. Packed up and collected target and as you've guessed the flies were still there and were, of course, bullet strikes. Oppo noticed that both were as near as makes no difference the same height and immediately above the existing other strikes albeit on different individual targets. My backstop was a pile of top soil which had started to sprout and was quite dark and we finally twigged that both of us had trouble trying to see the very fine reticle marks this scope has because there's so many lines and dots, etc, etc. In 2 out of 11 shots I had inadvertently used a line 3 MoA lower than the main one - not ideal and don't really want to keep the illumination on in bright sunlight so Genesis it is.