Barrel length for skeet

poontang

Just wondering what barrel length you guys use for shooting skeet. As a new shooter i get lots of different opinions from different people. I use a Browning B325 with 28" barrels choked skeet and cylinder. Does barrel length really make that much difference? Would be interesting to hear your opinions.

Shot a few rounds at Parkford in St.Osyth yesterday, was very enjoyable and managed a couple of decent scores in the wind and rain!! Roll on summer!

Any of you guys ever go there? I've been a few times, who knows i may have bumped into some you!!

As MC has said its not about the barrel length so much these days but whether the gun fits you and your shooting style.

Until a couple of weeks ago (I sold it to Lefty478) I had a Miroku Skeet gun with 26" barrels and found this suited me nicely, however I have also shot skeet with my Browning S/A 30 inch barrels with 3.5" chamber as well my Sabatti Gardone sporter 28" barrels. It comes down to feeling comfortable with the gun and a gun that enables you to have what the coaches call "painters strokes" will consistently help you score well in comparison with a unfitted muzzle heavy gun (too much swing momentum).

I have been to Parkford many times and know that Markio goes there regularly. Parkford is a nice place to go during the day or late summer evening, but too small at weekends. Get yourself over to either Highlodge or Lakenheath to experience it properly. Shoot the most open chokes you have got and use 28gram 9's and I guarantee your scores will improve if you haven't used the above before now.

SS

Browning 325 32" for everything!

Skeet - part of getting your confidence is keeping the gun "steady" and people say that longer barrels help. I've always shot 32" barrels as i am 6foot5 tall and it makes your swing "smooth" - thats just my opinion tho! I'd goive 'em all a go and then make your decision :oops::oops:

chokes - 1/4 1/4 is ace for practise in skeet - when u hit em they give u a lovely dust-filled smile! In competition i use teague ported skeet:skeet with Express Pro Comp Skeet 9.5's. Lovely smooth sheels that dont kick much - alos, not too costly! :huh:

enjoy! :oops:

Browning 325 32" for everything!

Skeet - part of getting your confidence is keeping the gun "steady" and people say that longer barrels help. I've always shot 32" barrels as i am 6foot5 tall and it makes your swing "smooth" - thats just my opinion tho! I'd goive 'em all a go and then make your decision :look: ???

chokes - 1/4 1/4 is ace for practise in skeet - when u hit em they give u a lovely dust-filled smile! In competition i use teague ported skeet:skeet with Express Pro Comp Skeet 9.5's. Lovely smooth sheels that dont kick much - alos, not too costly! :/

enjoy! :good:

like your style 325 and 32's, me i use my 325's xs and 32" imp mod's for chokes, i like tight and honest, i hate craking off a little pc, i'll take it on the card but still like to nuke em.

Martin