Hanging mesh game bag

s.stimson

I saw a picture of a home made game hanging fly screen. I saw it on one of those deer websites :- BDS? I've tried to find but I think they have removed the picture.

Basically it is the green mesh that can be found building sites, around scaffolding poles.

The mesh itself, is heavy duty and is double lined. I've been thinking of making one for sometime now.

The picture also showed the bag being held open with the aid of some plastic hoops. Kids toys... This allowed air to circulate around the meat as well as stopping the flys trying to feed through the net. One other idea that was shown was the use of an upturned dustbin lid. This caught all the blood and snot from the deer / birds / critters etc

Hopefully this might help.....

Elma Fud

TOP TIP

A tip handed down from father to son!!!

Take a pair of tights (larger the better) with you when you shoot and put your dead bird etc.. in there. It's great at stopping fly blows. This is also good for hanging game in a store during the early part of the season when the cold hasn't killed off the fly's.

Save your money and buy something useful like a new game bag!!!