What have I got here?

Hello. RCBS used, at one time, to be the best standard off the shelf volume die makers. I think they've now lost that crown, IMHO, to Redding. Anyway what have you?

The bullet like thing with the three fins or tails is an inside/outside deburring tool. For deburring trimmed cases. Yours will do from .22 up to .45 and is a quality item. I have had one for for near forty plus years. It does a good job. 

The chrome plated dies are, I'd guess, a standard two die rifle set. Although the box says NECK DIE SET/ Does one of the does have NECK stamped on it? And another FL? These be they neck or FL sizes and decaps. The very thin screwed rod holds the decapping pin. You MUST lubricate the cases when sizing bottleneck rifle cases or else they will stock in the die, there's lots on You Tube show what to do.

The second die with the ticker screwed rod seats and, of adjusted, can add a roll crimp as the bullet gets seated. Or you can back the die out and screw down the "plug" to merely seat without crimping. Many load that way. The black die shown in the box with the chrome plated does I cannot see enough of to know what it is.

The black die with the cut out is an old concept. Some swear by them. Some say that they are gimmick. I don't use them. It is a window seating die where instead of sitting a bullet on top of the case mouth (as when seating using your .38 Special) the bullet enters the die via the window.

The dialled numbered top is to increase...with a recordable reference number...the depth you seat the bullet to. Again supposedly X amount of gap between a particular bullet and the lands of the rifling can be more accurate that Y amount (with the same bullet) but neither as accurate as Z amount again with the same bullet). The dialled numbered top lets you record how much is X, Y, Z so that you can then reset the die and seat that particular bullet in future at Z.

Now OTOH with a different bullet then X seating dept might work better. So in your notes you can record for the first bullet type use Z but for the other bullet type use X. So that you are now able to reset the seating dept to that known dialled reference number each time you use the one bullet or the other. As said I am not a fan of window dies.

Edited by enfieldspares