Land to shoot over/ferret wanted (youngster)....please

blacta

Helo

I was wondering if anyone in the hampshire area has or knows of land over which i may be able to shoot pigeons and/or go ferreting accompanied by my father.

Every youngster needs a place to seek out his interests!

I am fourteen but have shot for six years and ferreted for two. i am keen in my countrysports but my fathers job is very time consuming so only weekends are available.

The reason i ask is because the landowner who lets me ferret and shoot his land has a game shoot so my forrays are difficult and i shoot over his land in the close season but only until the poults go down.

so please can anyone help??

any info/help would be much appreciated.

many thanks Toby

i know you are young, but its a not very good idea to ask for permission on your very first post on a forum ( people would maybe like to get to know what your about first, so after a few post etc it may be better)- i know it can be hard getting permission to shoot nowadays, but i think you'll have to do the same as the rest and just knock on doors untill it comes up trumps.

i know you are young, but its a not very good idea to ask for permission on your very first post on a forum ( people would maybe like to get to know what your about first, so after a few post etc it may be better)- i know it can be hard getting permission to shoot nowadays, but i think you'll have to do the same as the rest and just knock on doors untill it comes up trumps.

thanks guys for the advice the problem is that i have asked alot of land owners but they are to worried about their pheasants.

thanks Toby

thanks guys for the advice the problem is that i have asked alot of land owners but they are to worried about their pheasants.

thanks Toby

If you are rabbiting with ferrets and nets only, most landowners realise that you are no threat to their pheasants and Autumn/Winter is the best time to get the rabbits.

Explain to any concerned Landowners that you are not using a gun or a dog, things may change.

i think the basc is ab out £35 a year i cant remember :lol:

but you get insurance, its won me a few pieces of permission :rolleyes:

i have some permission on places that keep pheasents, i have on the written permission

Permission to shoot at _________

Cleared weapons: air rifle, shotgun (accompanied) , air pistol, .17hmr (accompanied)

Game to be taken : Rabbit, Fox, Crow , Rook , Collared dove, Magpie, Wood pigeon , Grey squirrel, Rats.

Signed ............. (landowner)

Signed ............. (shooter)

i managed to get the permission for 250 acres by giving a form like that that said EXACTLY what i would shoot, if its not on the list its not to be shot ???

i think the basc is ab out £35 a year i cant remember :w00t:

but you get insurance, its won me a few pieces of permission :angry:

i have some permission on places that keep pheasents, i have on the written permission

Permission to shoot at _________

Cleared weapons: air rifle, shotgun (accompanied) , air pistol, .17hmr (accompanied)

Game to be taken : Rabbit, Fox, Crow , Rook , Collared dove, Magpie, Wood pigeon , Grey squirrel, Rats.

Signed ............. (landowner)

Signed ............. (shooter)

i managed to get the permission for 250 acres by giving a form like that that said EXACTLY what i would shoot, if its not on the list its not to be shot :yes:

Thanks for all the help i will give it a try and reply with resaults

thanks Toby