Re-blueing?

sharp_shooter

Guest Mr Pieman

Last time I went to had anything re blued it cost around £85-00 (last year). That included the barrels, top lever, ironwork on the fore end and trigger guard.

Any gunsmith should be able to do this or have someone they can send it to :D

Cheers

PP

Pieman is right, any good gunsmith will know a man who can, in some cases price can depend on the amount of prep work to be done, if there is much rust/ pitting this needs more work and therefore the price may vary, having said that my local gunsmith sends stuff away for a flat fee (unless it is really bad) for around the £80/100 mark i think

Sharpshooter.... I had a quote of £95 to re blue a Airsporter MK2 2 years ago..

in the end I stripped it down and degreased it and As hammergun rightly pointed out did the prep work with fine emery and finished with wet & dry paper. I then sprayed it with black matt enamel paint. Though I say it myself it looked pretty damn good particularly after I had stripped and repolished the stock.

I may be wrong but I think modern air rifles are blacked and not blued which is a different chemical process almost a paint type coating. You used to be able to buy a blueing gel for DIY work and I did buy some advertised in Airgun World about 15 years ago. Who makes it,or if it is still available I do not know.

FM.