Argentina pigeons

Ron L

I live in the United States and I have a mixed species birdhunt schedule for July of 2004 in Argentina. The outfitter asked me to bring him some pigeons decoys. I can not find a source for pigeons decoys in the US. I will have to order them from your side of the big pond.

In searching the internet, I find pigeons decoys that sit on the ground, clip to limbs, fly in circles, flap there wings, or hold dead birds in various positions.

What decoys would you recommend and why, remembering that space is at a premium when flying?

Thank you in advance.

The pigeons you are going to be shooting are sure to have a different colouration to the ones we shoot here in the UK. However to give you a rough idea, I would imagine a set of "shell" decoys such as: http://www.##############/?page=show-item&item=82

You'd also probably be best getting a couple of "bouncers" or "floaters" I would iamgine that they must sell these in the US, basically they look like this: http://www.##############/?page=show-item&item=46 , then all you need is to shoot on pigeon to put on it :D It's probably best "value for money" in terms of results...

Since it's only a short trip I wouldn't imagine you would want any more of the hi-tech gizmos, unless you have a considerable amount of spare cash :lol: Others will probably reply to give their thoughts.. Welcome to the site -what types of shooting do you normally do in the US?

We had 4 shooters over from the USA last August to shoot Pigeons. They also shoot a lot in Argentina and were so impressed in our Pigeon Magnets that they took two back with them to try over there. You use dead birds on a craddle so it's not species specific. They were convinced they would work wonders.

Mark.

Ron

You can get decoy pigeons than are made of rubber and fold up for storage. Last year I shot in romania and took some full bodied decoys with me and left them there after the shoot. It may sound expensive but I have made some really good friends and have been invited back in september. you could always sell them while your out there or trade them for something!!!!

Deako has a good range of equipment, take a few business cards for deakos site and he may offer a discount :lol: :lol:

If you dont ask you dont get.

Good luck and straight shooting :D:lol::lol: