WANTED

lurcherboy

I know this wont be well recieved mate... but unless you are prepared to fork out big bucks for a Gen 2 night scope dont bother...

I bought a Gen 1 Night scope and it was the quickest way to chuck 500 sovs. A complete load of ****e.

I had better results with a 50mm Nightview and Moonlight!

Regards,

FM.

• 4 weeks later...

its on the dark nights that they work so well, in moonlight a rabbit can easily see you. fm is right in that gen2 it much better, i use an s410 and a mini osprey gen1. as standard you can see eyes at 70-100 yds, ok definition out to 40, ie one of my shoots has a cat so i need to tell the difference between that and bugs. with decent illumination you can extend these ranges by 40%. i generaly dont shoot past 30 yds so i dont have a problem with gen1. gen2 is still badly affected by by street lamps and other lamps so if you want perfection get gen3 or+.

if you or anyone else comes near cambridge you are welcome to have a look. BTW the s410 is a bit differcault to rig up nv, the mag sticking up only leaves a short rail at the back fo mounting. also i would try and have a dedicated nv gun, i tried changing nv to dayscope with a lazer to keep zero but it is a pain, and now im buying a second gun (3rd actualy, but dont tell the misses) :)