Starting off

Toby

Hi,

I'd like to start clay shooting and then maybe go on to shooting game once i'm hitting most of them. I was wondering if I should get me own gun aASAP or not? Bear in mind that I am only 15 but my parents i'm sure would ebe alright with it. My local shooting ground (were i shoot air guns) (broomhills) charges £50 for a lesson including 25 clays and cartridges. Is this a good price to pay? Obviosly I cant shoot without an instructor untill I have a licsence, How easy are they to get at my age (15) and will I be able to get a gun? Is it easyer to get any particular type of shot gun? (apart from a toy one :blink: )

I know its lots of questions but I look fore ward to hearing from you guys!

Thanks, Toby

Guest The Outlaw

Hello mate, I know Phil and Dave at Broomhills and they are quite good,

You should also check out the Pirate on here he is a top coach/mini bus :blink: ,

He has a shooting ground in Milton Keynes and also has links with Lee Leisure at Junction 12 of the M1.

They all have cracking reputations and are on your turf.

Tony

Thanks, all great info! my dad is happy to go (altho the novelty may wear off for him) So is it best to not get a gun for a while? obviosly I'm only 15 but I'v got a good income from a couple of different jobs. I thinks its £10 to hire a gun at broomhills and if i'm gonna be doing much then I would rather pay the lump sum and have something to show for my money.

It would realy help to know how early to ask for the gun because it will obviosly effect what I do with my money between now and then.

Thanks again and look foreward to hearing from you!

Toby

Guest The Outlaw

Let us know how you get on Toby, just remember dont waste your money on a lesson.

Go for a clay shooting experience instead, You will have more fun than having a lesson.

Leave the lessons for when you know if you like it or not.

If you speak to Phil at Broomhills and tell him you have spoken to Tall Tony from Lou's Drayton Parslow shoot and what I

suggested he will know what I mean, I think Dave is hospital at the moment and he knows me very well

Tony