Lefties against right

dustyfox

I am left handed, and I just hate it that everything is made for right handed people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed

My shooting pal is left handed,so when we are working up the hedgerows with the dogs he allways takes the right hand side and i take the left .That way the guns are allways pointing away from each other and can both take natural shots .Simple really .Hanser .

it's official, na na nana na na

In his book Right-Hand, Left-Hand,[27] Chris McManus of University College London, argues that the proportion of left-handers is rising and left-handed people as a group have historically produced an above-average quota of high achievers. He says that left-handers' brains are structured differently in a way that widens their range of abilities, and the genes that determine left-handedness also govern development of the language centers of the brain.

McManus also says that the increase in the 20th century of people identifying as left-handed could produce a corresponding intellectual advance and a leap in the number of mathematical, sporting, or artistic geniuses.

In 2006, researchers at Lafayette College and Johns Hopkins University in a study found that left-handed men are 15 percent richer than right-handed men for those who attended college, and 26 percent richer if they graduated. The wage difference is still unexplainable and does not appear to apply to women.[28]

now to this, i still think lefty peeps are more versatile in using both hands than the tighty righty, i dont have a problem throwing guns from my left to my right hand or shoulder, handgun shotgun or rifle.

The vast majority of firearms are designed for right-handed shooters, with the operating handle, magazine release, and/or safety mechanisms set up for manipulation by the right hand, and fired cartridge cases ejected to the right. Also, scopes and sights may be mounted in such a way as to require the shooter to place the rifle against his or her right shoulder. A left-handed shooter must either purchase a left-handed firearm (which are manufactured in smaller numbers and are generally more expensive and/or harder to obtain), shoot a right-handed gun left-handed (which presents certain difficulties, such as the controls being improperly located for them or shell cases being ejected towards their body), or learn to shoot right-handed (which may pose additional problems, primarily that of ocular dominance). Fortunately for left-handed people, modern guns feature more ambidextrous or right/left-handed reversible operating parts than their predecessors. Bullpup rifles are particularly problematic for lefties unless they can be reconfigured, since empty shells would be ejected fast and straight into the shooter's face and cheek potentially causing injury. Lever action and pump action firearms present fewer difficulties for lefties than bolt action weapons do.

An example of an ambidextrous weapon is the FN P90, which has the magazine inserted into the top of the gun. The shells are ejected out of the bottom, making the gun usable by either right or left handed marksmen

Martin AKA one of the officialy "smarter lefty" :good::lol: see even the emoticon is a lefty :unsure: :unsure: