worst hunting trip EVER

northy

Hi guys

i went rabbiting monday night, didnt see a ******g thing!!!!!!!! :<

i got there around 8pm put up a camo net sat there for 3 hours and didnt see a single rabbit.

what did i do wrong???

ok the garden was a bit smaller than i would have prefured, but i was still about 40 yards away from where i was told they would come out, and there was no wind at all

i was silent

i didnt move around too much

i wasnt chewing eating or drinking

i wasnt wearing aftershave

did i leave (or get there) too early?

would the fact it was a really hot day make any differance?

i am really baffled and anouyed about not seeing any rabbits, i had planed to make bunny burgers for the bbq on tuesday, but i had to make do with BEEF burgers :blink:

where do you guys think i went wrong? or is this one of those things that happens every now and then?

:D northy ???

p.s. there ARE rabbits there

If I knew the answer to that one I would not be indoors at 21-25pm on my bloody computer :D

Put it down to one of those nights and try again. Could have been a fox or anything around to spook the scuttails.

If I blank decoying (which i do regular) I sometimes go and sit in a hedge next day and watch the b*****s fly in like clockwork! Does your head in sometimes.

LB ??? :blink:

Northy,

You say you know there are rabbits there. Is this because the land owner has told you ? If so landowners are infamous for seeing " a lot " of rabbits when there are only a handful about. Presumably you have seen rabbit sign ?

Why can't you go to the source of the rabbits. i.e. the holes and shoot them there ? I think you'd stand a much better chance of seeing them there !

I have found the most productive time, to shoot rabbits, to be after dark. Any chance of lamping the land ?

Why do they go into this garden ? Has their food supply dried up ?

Was the moon out ? In my experience they don't turn out to play, all that readily, on moonlit nights.

Good luck.

Same happened to me the other night, no rabbits appeared within 50 yards of either side of my hide but I could see rabbits further afield. It was a warm, muggy, still night so I presumed that they could either smell me, the scent hanging around and spreading slowly, or they had been disturbed by something else and were sitting tight.

Its all good experience...

Mack