cleaning

jordan

Hi,

I will suggest a pull through cleaning set for cleaning, maybe an Otis set ? Never use a rod cleaning set to clean your airgun barrel with - you may destroy the crown of your airgun. Plus the brush (nylon or brass) may damage the inside of the barrel.

A cheap solution. Get some fishing line with patches in one end and pull from breach to the muzzle. Do not do it the other way around !!

And remember. Do not overclean your barrel - only clean it then you don´t get accurate shots anymore, not before !!!

Cheers - Bolta

you can buy pellet shaped/sized wadds that you shoot down the barrel, i havent used them but they must work pretty well i guess.

i think they sell on e-bay for a few quid

:lol: northy :lol:

Hi,

Yes, they can also be used - but consider these felt pellets only for cleaning between the normal thorough cleanings. They can not replace the main cleaning of the barrel then those times come.

Cheers - Bolta

Erm call me a dunce put a hat on my head & stand me in the corner. :*) :*) :*) :*) But i was always told that you dont need to clean the in side of the barrel of an air rifle as this can cause your zero to be thrown out. This was what I was taught that all you needed to keep clean was the out side of the rifle & keep the spring regularly oiled.

Hi Gamebag,

If you really were told not to clean the inside of airgun barrels - you have been told wrong. Of course these barrels need cleaning - the lead will build up over time in the barrel and they will not be accurate anymore. Actually, this is rather normal. The airgun barrels do not differ that much from real rifle barrels - but barrels of airguns do not need to be cleaned as often as a real firearm. Actually there is a big jump from firearms to airguns regarding cleaning of the barrels.

Cheers - Bolta

Seriously straight up bolta thats what I was always told & on more than one ocassion i was told when i went to get a barrel cleaning kit not to waist my cash on usless rubbish. Im seriosly glad that this site exists because with out it id be having to get a new rifle quicker due to dodgy maintenence on my be half because of listening to the advice of so called more expierience shooters.