Gun maintance

fishybarney

I'm looking to get a gun maintance kit can anyone suggest a a good one. I've seem some cheap ones on ebay, but i fear they may be rubbish, dont want to pay loads of money for one so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also at present i have placed a depoist on a shotgun at my local gun club/shop which i intend ti use this weekend, but as i don't have my licence through the gun has to stay on sight, do you think i will need a gun cleaning kit with me or do you think the gun club will either lend me one or put it away clean for me??

I'm looking to get a gun maintance kit can anyone suggest a a good one. I've seem some cheap ones on ebay, but i fear they may be rubbish, dont want to pay loads of money for one so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also at present i have placed a depoist on a shotgun at my local gun club/shop which i intend ti use this weekend, but as i don't have my licence through the gun has to stay on sight, do you think i will need a gun cleaning kit with me or do you think the gun club will either lend me one or put it away clean for me??

if you buy a decent kit it should last you for years, its worth getting something half decent, i paid about £20 for the last kit about 2 years ago

You can spend as little as £20 or as much as £100 and more. To be honest I have a Bisley Kit that contains all you need to get started, I think it was about £30. You may want to consider getting some Action Blaster as well and I find the browing oil in a can is easier to apply. Some spare patches too or you can use Kitchen role. You dont need to spend loads though.

Get into the habbit of doing it after each use of the gun. that way its harder to stop doing it :good: