Help - S/S problems closing after ejectors have ejected

Si-Bore

Hey guys

I have just been playing around with my new snap caps in my AYA s/s. After ejection the gun is very difficult to close. Being no expert I am presuming it is the ejector system because when it is closed - it can be re-opened and closed easily (with the ejectors set). Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I am contemplating taking the fore end section apart to see what is jamming on ejector re-setting but I am working blind at the moment with no prior knowledge of s/s internals.

Any advice much appreciated now.

Thanks

Si

Guys this could possibly be me being paranoid and not noticing the extra effort needed when cocking the gun in the field with all the adrenaline etc.

In fact after a wee bit more use - I have answered my own thread - I was paranoid and it is fine!!!! :good::lol:

Regards

Si

Si,

Not too Paranoid, but when the ejectors are tripped it means the gun has been fired.

When opening the gun from a fired state "dry or real" then the hammers have to be recocked. This is what is making the opening difficault.

When the gun is opened and closed from a NON fired state it opens easily as the hammers dont have to be cocked.

Note even though the gun is "hammerless" this is only from the outside view as there are still "hammers" wth in the action (both box & Sidelock)

Trev.

Thanks Trev.

It was strange how I suddenly became aware of this when sitting in the house testing my new snap caps :good: I suddenly thought that it was 'difficult' to close and the more I tried it the more obvious it felt. I had never noticed it when in the field :)

So when the gun is opened after firing the gun is being cocked and on closing ejectors are re-set? That is why it is more difficult to close. :lol:

Cheers

Si