my first proper pistol

deanomk3cje

hi to all had a great day today i brought my first proper pistol its a 2nd hand daisy powerline 717 quite an improvement from the one i brought yesterday a sportsmarket g.10 wot a load of utter poo!!!. i had a little session with it earlier wot a lovely pistol.anyone got any maintenance for it to keep it healthy?also i payed 45 quid for it,is that about right? i think it was well worth it just want a 2nd oppinion? thanks in advance.

deano

hi to all had a great day today i brought my first proper pistol its a 2nd hand daisy powerline 717 quite an improvement from the one i brought yesterday a sportsmarket g.10 wot a load of utter poo!!!. i had a little session with it earlier wot a lovely pistol.anyone got any maintenance for it to keep it healthy?also i payed 45 quid for it,is that about right? i think it was well worth it just want a 2nd oppinion? thanks in advance.

deano

congratulations, the first of many....enjoy the shooting & repect the land......

Oh !!!!!by the way this is propper...040608161004000-1.jpg

keep shooting

ooooh wots that??? is it an airgun or an actual shooter?

deano

the genuine article.. taurus .22 magnum long barrel revolver. they come in .357 (bear stopper) & 44 magnum, just for the sake of it !! :good:

but the browning buckmark , semi -auto pistol is much ,much more fun !!

welocome to the sport. :lol:

tha is really nice think id get meself into trouble with that lol think ill stick to my daisy

deano

I know what you mean, Deano! :) I'd want one, though, if I lived in the UK.

I'm interested in hearing your report about the 717, as I'm thinking about getting a 747. The only air pistol I have now is a Beeman P3 (same thing as the HW40). It's an excellent pistol, but too muzzle light for me.

Jim

hi jim reporting about the 717, such a joy to use athough have not shot any other pistol it feels like it should cost 5x more than it actually does reall well built and is really quite accurate! mainly shooting at paper targets on my shed :angry: it goes through the wood on the shed at arond 3-4 metrs away would reccomend to anyone that would ask! that fun to use got through 400 1.77 bulldog pellets in the freezing cold today i enjoyed using it that much i forgot i was actually cold! its got no blowback on it at least thats what i think it is (doesn't kick back when shot)? absolute dream! overall a very powerful accurate and very quiet! my honest oppinion is go get one you wnt be dissapointed! unsure how local you are to my wouldnt mid making u you a tea/coffee and have an approval shot before you buy one?

deano :)

ooooh wots that??? is it an airgun or an actual shooter?

deano

the genuine article.. taurus .22 magnum long barrel revolver. they come in .357 (bear stopper) & 44 magnum, just for the sake of it !! :good:

but the browning buckmark , semi -auto pistol is much ,much more fun !!

welocome to the sport. :good:

more genuine articles, Ruger GP100 in .357" mag your bear stopper (black grip) Ruger redhawk in .44" mag, the bigger bear stopper, Desert Eagle in .50" stop anything you like with that badboy :blush::good::rolleyes:

i love Canadian gun laws

Martin

post-1145-1199733502.jpg

post-1145-1199733524.jpg

hi jim reporting about the 717, such a joy to use athough have not shot any other pistol it feels like it should cost 5x more than it actually does reall well built and is really quite accurate! mainly shooting at paper targets on my shed :o it goes through the wood on the shed at arond 3-4 metrs away would reccomend to anyone that would ask! that fun to use got through 400 1.77 bulldog pellets in the freezing cold today i enjoyed using it that much i forgot i was actually cold! its got no blowback on it at least thats what i think it is (doesn't kick back when shot)? absolute dream! overall a very powerful accurate and very quiet! my honest oppinion is go get one you wnt be dissapointed! unsure how local you are to my wouldnt mid making u you a tea/coffee and have an approval shot before you buy one?

deano :good:

Thanks for the review, Deano. I'm surprised that it has so much penetration - muzzle velocity is under 400 fps, if I recall correctly - but then, you are talking very close ranges (3-4 meters).

I am glad that there's no sense of recoil, and that you find it accurate and rate it so highly. You're whetting my appetite further! :lol:

I want to find out what's the difference between it (the 717) and the 747 model.

That was mighty nice of you to invite me over for a shoot! :o Only problem is: I'm in the US! I'm planning a trip to the UK this May, though: but we'll be mostly in London and in Shalkespeare-country (Stratford).

Jim

@ Trakker, are they Hoges grips on that Taurus?

I shoot my mates .357 in Phoenix A and B disciplines. Apart from a bit of muzzle flip its lovely to shoot.

i hear the houges give a good grip, but i found the std ones , as pic, perfik...but they may be houge, as i cannot tell the diffrence.......

regards