XR100 SINGLE SHOT

Fleabag

Cant get my VLS thumb-hole for love nor money :good: has any body any knowledge of the single shot XR100 or the tikka tactical, long term use, and any issues with a single shot over a magazine. the XR100 has a twist of 1-12 good for accuracy, but will the tikka shot further with its 1-9 twist dependant on ammunition used, thanks

Single shot rifles are generally for target use and therefore heavier so it depends what you want it for and if its for hunting then you have to consider speed of follow up shot. single shot actions are more consistantly accurate as the action is stronger and more stable than that of a magazine type action which effectivly has a large hole in the bottom of it

As for which twist is more accurate they are both as accurate as each other if you match the correct type and weight of bullet to the correct twist rate, the matter of which is better is totally dependant upon what you want to achieve over and above accuracy. is it velocity to achieve greater distance or is it retained energy for live quarry

there are unlimited answers to your question, what you first have to establish is what it you wish to achieve with the rifle.

Ian

If you want an accurate single-shot rifle, why not buy a Cooper Varminter? Much more refined than a Remington, and much, much better looking. Stirky and JRDS use them, and I'm ordering my own.

I've yet to speak to a Cooper owner who has felt that the single-shot action is a limitation in the hunting field. The first shot should be the one that counts.

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/our_rifles.html