advice needed.....

Axeman1984

hey guys ime new to p,w and ive already posted this in the wrong section earlier today so if you read this again in another section sorry about that, anyway hello from me, a friend of mine said that this was a good forum for some advice and a bit of a laugh, so then on to my brain picking, ive been shooting clays and the odd pheasant or rabbit that strayed onto some rough shooting land that i have permission on now for a few years but have now got a couple of rape fields a farmer wants me to trim up some pigeons on, ive been and had a look at the field and spotted a flight line over a wood on the edge of the field, I just couldent believe the damage they have done the rape plants are just stumps, so ive got myself some shell decoys ive got myself some wobble sticks for the decoys ive got myself some decent camo net for a hide and ive got my trustee Beretta, so what i would like to know is how many decoys should i put out and how far from the hide should i put them, and ive been told a horseshoe pattern is a pretty good one is that correct, also if i get into it do thos rotary pigeon magnets make a difference and if i do manage to shoot some should i replace the decoys with dead pigeons or just add to the pattern o and one last thing whats roughly the best time to get shooting am or pm, any help or advice would be great thanks, fenman... :lol:

hey guys ime new to p,w and ive already posted this in the wrong section earlier today so if you read this again in another section sorry about that, anyway hello from me, a friend of mine said that this was a good forum for some advice and a bit of a laugh, so then on to my brain picking, ive been shooting clays and the odd pheasant or rabbit that strayed onto some rough shooting land that i have permission on now for a few years but have now got a couple of rape fields a farmer wants me to trim up some pigeons on, ive been and had a look at the field and spotted a flight line over a wood on the edge of the field, I just couldent believe the damage they have done the rape plants are just stumps, so ive got myself some shell decoys ive got myself some wobble sticks for the decoys ive got myself some decent camo net for a hide and ive got my trustee Beretta, so what i would like to know is how many decoys should i put out and how far from the hide should i put them, and ive been told a horseshoe pattern is a pretty good one is that correct, also if i get into it do thos rotary pigeon magnets make a difference and if i do manage to shoot some should i replace the decoys with dead pigeons or just add to the pattern o and one last thing whats roughly the best time to get shooting am or pm, any help or advice would be great thanks, fenman... :D

Thats a lot of Q's. Do search and you will find all the info you need, sometimes conflicting, but allways helpfull.

BTW Whatto and :lol:

LB