.410 cartridges No. 5 shot

providing you put the identical weight of shot back (or less) you wont be increasing pressures. Just dont put more weight of shot back in !! otherwise you could have serious probs. I personally would just have a phone round and get some eley 5's as your playing safe then. DO NOT SEAL WITH WAX !! get a roll crimper

Edited by auto culto

hello im new to this forum , i also reload .410s as they are getting to expensive in my oppinion 7pounds fo 25 catridges ,any i load my own was lucky to get a roll crimping tool off ebay for a good price,as these are heard to get a hold of ,fisrt off you need to make sure you dont over fill the catridge

you will need to weigh the shot that you put in the cartridge i use sometime 14gramms or sometimes a gramm or to less ,so as long as you dont put to much lead in all should be ok ,and make sure your gun is in good working order aswell before using any home loads NEVER ALTER THE POWDER CHARGE IN ANY SHOTGUN CARTRIDGE THINKING YOU WILL GET HIGHER VELOCITYS AS THE ONLY THING YOU WILL ACHIEVE IS YOUR FACE ALL MESSED OR WORSE (BEING DEAD)

ALL POWDER CHARGES ARE FOR SPECIFIC SHOT WIEGHTS

dont really know the law on this,but is it legal to take out the carboard top on .410 shell,empty contents,and cut open a no 5 12 gauge cart ,and fill .410 with no 5 shot ,and replace cardboardin top,maybe a drip or two of candle wax to hold it.??

1 - No you don`t

2 - Anyone who does this will be increasing the load weight and therefore the pressure and could blow their hand off or something more permanent(ie. their existence).

Don`t mess with what you do not understand.