mossie bites

kdubya

have to agree with the "deet" ,product called "off", the mozzies over here are that big they come at you with their undercart down and motors spooling :P:D

the "little" (strike that ) large ******** come at you in squadrons ,wave after wave going for any and all unprotected skin,,so all us folicly chalanged guys get a double dose of get the f##k off deet on the landing strip up top :D

after bite dosnt work worth a dam realy ,,calamine lotion is all you can do ,,,,,,,

or drink yourself into total stupidity for a day or two :):) it dosent hurt as much when your numb from the head down, take care and load up on deet.

martin :D

Another great product for after you are bitten is Tiger Balm. Seen and used it a lot in Asia but have seen it here to in herbal/leaffy type shops.

Deet in the eyes can be a bit sore and i had never thought of contacts. Generally all good repelants have a level of DEET. The stronger the repelant the higher the content.

Someone mentioned "Off" which is sold a lot in Canada. Its great from cleaning cordite of barrels.

Cakie

Someone else mentioned Jungle Formula.

A few years ago I had a can of the stuff leak whilst stored in a cupboard. I returned the faulty can to the manufacturer. Their customer relations contacted me to explain that the can was quite old (although I had only bought it a few months before), and advised that the product contained deet, and that it was quite corrosive amongst other things. She also advised that they were removing deet from the product for health reasons, but didnt state what they were replacing the deet with.

They kindly replaced the faulty can plus a freebie.

Ill try and find their web site and report later.

webber

Re- Jungle Formula

Life just gets more complicated

Standard Jungle Formula nolonger contains deet, but a substitute that is claimed to be as effective upto an equivelent of 30% deet.

The Extra strength Jungle Formula contains 50% deet.

Their web site is quite informative. www.jungleformula.co.uk

webber