PCP help please?

soapstar

hey,

I would be gratefull if you can help me answer a few of these questions. I am new to this Pre charged air rifle's as i have always been a spring airgun fan :welcomeani: So i wondering if anyone can help me on what is involved in charging /looking after one to that of a normal spring rifle? What is the best way to charge them, divers bottle or pump? I was really thinking about getting a fac air rifle to suite my needs for hunting, and i came across the Logun Solo, is this rifle any good? And can you increase the power of a pcp rifle from legal power (12ftlb) to an fac air rifle??

thanks for the help

hi mate,

logun solo?well if your wanting it on fac "no" as you wont get many shots..

you will be needing some thing like a super10 or theoben rapid or daystate airwolf/air ranger..

if you was to buy the solo i would say get a pump as a few pumps and its done but as for the rifles i recommended you will need a bottle.

"i use pump on mine and i tell you its a back braker as they used buddy bottles..

pcp you will get no recoil like a springer..

as for servicing it may well be cheaper to service a pcp..

i use bsa rifles as i am close to them for if i get a problem but if your not close it any manufacturer , just give them a ring to check price before going th gun shop...

look out for used the oben rapids if you going fac as i see many for only £100 more than the solo and they normaly pump atleast 40 ft/ibs..

as for shot count i aint a clue as i dont have face but it will be more than a solo or any rifle with a fixed air tube..

hope i have helped i will re read you thread to see if i have missed any thing..

good luck..

p.s i have a bsa super10 in the sale section for £300 which bsa would happily put it up to fac power..

You can upgrade a PCP to FAC but no-one will touch it without seeing your FAC, I'm currently considering it. though mine is a .177 and not sure if a .177 FAC air rifle is good or not.

I personally would get a 300bar divers tank as it is hard work using a pump when its quite low :blush:

Wouldn't know about the gun your on about though but I like the Weirauch HW100, its deadly acurate, very relyable and you can't accidentally load more than 1 pellet into the barrel.

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of getting a S400, a Raider 10 or a Scorpion in a year or so when i go into PCP.

Which out of those three is the best, also for divers bottles, how much does it cost to get them refilled cos if its a lot i'll get a pump cos it'll pay for itself even if it is hard tp fill them up.

Edited by HeadShotHoncho

The only difference in performance is the shot count. I get 60, Says 80 in the book, good shots out of mine before power starts to drop and it's chronoed at 11.76 ft/lb. The S410 Classic only gives 20 shots more. It's about 100mm shorter which if like me you need to shoot from cover it's easier to use. Hope this helps

do a search for ROWAN ENGINEERING on the tinternet they do the S400 multishot convertor and it looks good, 50 quid though OUCH :good: Theres also a video on you tube you can watch of it in action, doesn't index round though you have to do it manually

Edited by peacey