first clay shoot

deputy dog

Hi all, i'v only just had my licence just over a week now and untill today i aint put a shot through my newly bought O/U, not that i'v been gasping too like. I went to a local clay shooting club last Sunday called South Wales 2000, for a look around with a friend who also shoots. Needless to say i was enthused and of corse after work today we both went for a first time bash at clay shooting. It was a bit breezy when we arrived to say the least but both being optimistic, confidence was bubbling. The 1st hundred birds were shot over sporting clays and needless to say a lot of missed clays showed a lack of experience. The next hundred were DLT and i can honestly say we smashed the hell out of them, which had both of us newbies really buzzing with confidence. We were both asked to shoot at the competition on 16th of march and we both said we'd love to. So i can easily speak for the both of us that we'r both hooked on clay shooting and hope to progress forwards in the sport. I'l let you know how we got on in the competition. I dont dare say the extra practice will come in handy for the real pigeons either ha ha.

happy shooting all

Gareth :birthday:;) :blink: :mad:

Yes SW2000 is a nice ground, I have shot it many times in the past, I have been there in the winter when the rain was horizontal, other times when hailstones the size of marbles have made my head sore before I could get under cover,and in the Summer when, with the sun out, the view over the surrounding countryside was tremendous. nice place, nice people. :blink:

Replying to chewyjacks comment on him being better shot :hmm::hmm: . He did have me on the sporters side mostly because he could see them and bleeding couldn't ha ha. But down the line side of things i was the better man :yes::yes::yes: . And sorry for miss leading you folks, when i said 200 birds it was shared between us, chewyjack and i. Bicepte is a bit sore on right arm from butt slipping down whilest going for 2 sporting birds. All in all though great fun and yes defo going back for more, should have got licence years ago.

Good shooting to all

Ps

Better man my A@#e :good::good: