Foxing rig

bob300w

So, what's your foxing set up? Mine is shown below, bungee at the front stops the rig from moving when on the road, the peg under the trigger is to keep the sand-bag (stuffed with tights) handy, (loop on the bag) the actual gun rest rotates through 360 degrees and slides on the rails that it sits on, the rails are also hinged, giving a wide selection of angles. The whole thing is held in place by two 1/4" wing nuts at the rear, it's totally made of wood, with the exception of the ally angle at the rear. The lamper stands up and lamps through the sun roof. Note the foam rubber on the wing mirror for those snap shots! In reality the wing mirror is used mostly for single handed bunny bashing.

post-1705-1204894438.jpg

post-1705-1204894458.jpg

Edited by bob300w

Bob do you find this set up better than a tripod? Not sure I could risk a scratch on the Freelander II :yes:

Lamp with my mate out the roof of his old Defender 90 but the new Freelander only opens 3/4 and you cant get out of it, naffin elf and safety dudes :hmm:

Bob do you find this set up better than a tripod? Not sure I could risk a scratch on the Freelander II :yes:

Lamp with my mate out the roof of his old Defender 90 but the new Freelander only opens 3/4 and you cant get out of it, naffin elf and safety dudes :hmm:

Yes, it's far better than a tripod, it's rigid, unless the lamper sneezes (don't laugh, it has happened), nothing to move or slip. Also getting the artillery out of the motor is a lot easier without a tripod to snag on seat belts etc. Scratching is no problem as the front part that sits on the bonnet has a one inch felt pad on it, the rear parts have 1/4" foam rubber between them and the paintwork. It's also useable single-handed, lamp in one hand, rifle in the other, not something that I would care to try with a tripod!

"Nice set up, am i right in thinking that the rifle is the heavy barrel winchester coyote, or something along the lines? I was very tempted by one myself when i was rifle hunting, but seemed way too bulky for me. Wish i had got something alittle better than my cz american now."

It's the Ruger M77VT, in .243, puts three shots into 3/8" at 200yds on the days that I do my part, which is not every day unfortunatly. It's a belter of a gun, using home loads, but apart from tweaking the trigger, it's as it came out of the box.